Sunday, December 30, 2012

Well Christmas is over, the goose (or turkey) is dead, and 2013 will soon be upon us. Q, Max and I had a wonderful, but exhausting, holiday with family and friends. I always feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation...and that is especially true when you have a baby. I don't think Max and I slept more than 2 hours Christmas Eve night. He is only 5 months old and I have already experienced a sleepless Christmas night.

But it's okay. I read an article that said babies often wake during the night because they want to spend time with their mother---so, I consider it a really sweet and loving gesture on his part. And while I dread getting out of bed in the tinsey hours of the morning, I love spending time with him too--just as long as I get a nap the next day :)

Enough about sleep (can you tell it's on my mind!)---with the New Year approaching I plan on joining the bandwagon of resolution-setters with my eyes a glimmer with goals and dreams I hope to accomplish in 2013. Typically I review my resolutions a grand total of twice--New Years eve and the following New Years eve...aaaaand, also typically I become depressed because I have yet again failed to reach any goal, unless of course I did by complete accident--but then, somehow, in my ignorance, I go ahead and set the same goals for next year.

Hopefully I have learned better. This year I am determined to diligently meet each goal. I am setting only 4, and I hope by blogging about them I will cement them further into the deepest recesses of the innermost network of my cranium..and I will succeed. So enough wordy blabbering--here are my 2013 resolutions:
(drum roll)
...........................


Physical: I will run a marathon (26.2 wonderful miles) this summer (I have wanted to do this since I was 12...and this is the year! My fabulous sister, Katrina, who will be in Ukraine this year, will join me when she returns. I am hoping to do a trail marathon in Oregon on July 27th, Max's 1st birthday)

Social/Emotional: I will deactivate my Facebook Account at least until after my graduation in April (I already did this...I've been FB free since the 15th!)

Spiritual: I will not watch or listen to anything with swearing, profanity, exaggerated violence, or immorality (I know what your thinking...and yes, pretty much I'll just be watching G rated movies, some PG, and lots of oldies! This is something I really feel I need to do, and I am excited!)

Mental: I will graduate with my BA in April

(ONE more semester! Lets just say it will be tough to say the least, but I am so pumped! I need to make this an official goal so I make sure to give my all.)

What resolutions do you have? Lets break the trend of 2 weeks at the grind then forgetting our goals until next December! We can do anything we set our mind to--and on a spiritual note, I know we can do anything through our Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of the hope He gives, we can all reach our goals and become a little better. Change is always possible!

Here's to an awesome, life changing year with great memories and wonderful success! Bring on 2013!
---------------

(and just for fun, here are some pictures of Max :) )




These are from Thanksgiving, the cute little princess is my niece, born 10 days after Max Man



These were taken by my awesom photographer cousin last week. Sorry for the nakey pictures, Max;)


No comments:

Post a Comment