Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Love General Conference!

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I believe in living prophets and apostles, men who have been called of God, just as ancient prophets (Moses, Abraham, Noah..) to give us guidance and direction. To find out more about modern prophets, click HERE.

Every 6 months, each October and April, we have the wonderful opportunity of hearing the prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, his councilors, the twelve apostles and other leaders in a general conference. Of course these leaders speak to us many times through out the year, but General Conference is when they address the entire world. It really is a special time, and I look forward to it so much.

For me, it is like a holiday. Conference lasts Saturday (10/5) from 10:00-12:00 MDT then 2:00-4:00. Sunday (10/6) it is at the same times. There are many ways to watch and listen, but we just stream it live from the internet and get cozy at home. I made yummy homemade biscuits and gravy and we enjoyed a delicious brunch while listening to inspired words.

(To learn how to make this amazing meal, click on my food tab!)

It was so fun spending time with my family and listening to prophets speak. Always, they say exactly what I need to hear. I know that we do have the same organization on the earth that existed anciently! If you have any questions, I would love to answer them, or you can chat with missionaries online HERE.

The Sunday sessions of this wonderful conference begin tomorrow! Check it out at:

lds.org 10:00am or 2:00pm MDT

No comments:

Post a Comment