Thursday, February 6, 2014

Best. Cookies. Ever.

I am not eating any refined or added sugar. So, of course it makes perfect sense to blog about my favorite cookies. Totally logical, right? Well, I guess writing about them is the next best thing to devouring them. Lucky for me I am trying to fulfill my Christmas gift to my husband, and keep the cookie jar full for one year. Whiiiich is really the reason I am going on my treat-free cleanse. Two dozen ooey, gooey chocolaty cookies sitting on the counter all day just don't stand a chance.

I mean that was yesterday. But today I would like you to know I have been very diligent and snacked on raisins and carrots, thank you very much. But it doesn't mean Mr. Chocolate cookie isn't calling my name. So many he'll shut up if I give you the recipe. Sound good?

There are honestly the best cookies I have ever had. EVER. 


I really used to only make and eat chocolate chip. But, I could never keep the chocolate chips in my house long enough to make cookies, so here are some nice alternatives. One is even slightly healthy!


Famous Brown Sugar Cookies

These are the hub's favorites. I literally make them every week, and we give some to our neighbor. He loves them and has spread the word to all his family and friends. They are light and oh so buttery (not light as in healthy. Don't even go there. In fact, I would cover your eyes when you get to the butter and sugar part. There is quite a lot, but oh that makes it so good!)

I got the recipe from this website, then tweaked it a little. I always do 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white (my husband actually hated the all white flour version). And see? They are healthy (Totally makes up for the butter and sugar). And I don't roll the dough-balls in sugar before baking. Doesn't get anymore guilt-free than that! (Except for me...)

( and I am NOT a professional photographer. So just imagine these actually look way, way better!)

DELICIOUS Chewy Chocolate Pudding Cookies

I followed this recipe exactly as written.
I didn't have white chocolate chips, but I chopped up some Dove white chocolate and folded that in. These are amazing. I made these yesterday and had to hide them today otherwise I would be munching on my 10th.


Pumpkin Peanut-Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

These surprised me. I didn't think they would be very moist, but they were, and once again, I scarfed every single one. My husband didn't even help because he detests cookies with oatmeal. But if you like a good textural cookie that is healthier than, say, the buttery-sugary discs featured above, then this is the treat for you.

I used this recipe, but I used 1/2 wheat flour, nixed most of the butter and used apple sauce instead with about 2 T of butter.  I also added about 4 T of peanut butter, and used raisins instead of chocolate chips. 


Good use for extra cans of pumpkin puree!


Scripture of the day:  " Yea, and I know that good and evil have come before all men; he that knoweth not good from evil is blameless; but he that knoweth good and evil, to him it is given according to his desires, whether he desireth good or evil, life or death, joy or remorse of conscience." Alma 29:5 The Book of Mormon

The decisions we make are so important! Our desires eventually lead to our priorities which lead to our actions, which leads to who we become. If we want to be a happy, loving, influential person, then we must evaluate if our current desires and priorities are going to get us there. And, in contrast, we are where we are in life because of our desires, priorities and decisions. Make the most of your life! You can begin to change even if you just have an insy-tinsy little desire. Focus on that, and eventually it will help govern your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment