Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Well Hey!

I can't believe it has only been about a month and a half since I last blogged! Grief, it seems like so much has happened! Not that I am the kind of blogger that really catches you up with my life anyway...but just rest assured life is grand and we are oh-so-happy. I have become more and more aware recently how REAL miracles are. I believe in real miracles. Miracles from the bible like the Red Sea parting, or water turning into wine. But I don't think those incredible moments are over just because Christ lived over 2000 years ago. I am a firm believer in modern-day miracles. You just have to look for them. Open your eyes. Be aware. Be grateful. And you'll be amazed.

Let me tell you a story:
In December I was absolutely horrified to find a note on my door from our apartment management. It informed me that I had missed my rent payment and would be charged $100 per day, starting immediately as a late fee. I was so confused and crushed. The day rent was due was a holiday, so I had just planned on paying it the next day (I know, I should have paid it before....but there is no point telling me that now :)  ). I was so shocked and heart-broken I didn't even think to talk to the managers about it. Maybe I should add that I am extremely frugal and I hate, HATE getting late fees. Even (and maybe especially) at the library. I didn't say anything, and I forked over the extra moolah. 

Fast forward to this month. 

Funds were a little tighter this month. Actually,that has really been such a blessing. There is something about not having much that just brings you together and helps you simplify your life. I would take a life of very little over extravagant luxury, hands-down any day. Anyway, I am getting side-tracked. I went to pay the rent this month. I was shocked to notice the balance was $100 less than usual. I wondered if we got some sort of bonus or something, so I went and talked to the manager. She said our rent was the same, but we had paid an extra $100 in December, so that credit had carried over. 

WOW. I never had to pay the late fee after all! This may seem like a lucky conscience, but I believe it was a miracle. A wonderful-beautiful tender mercy from a loving Father in Heaven. 

-----
Another story:
I have really been wanting to change a lot of things about myself. One I already did. I deactivated my Facebook again. It was really very liberating. 

I could say something like I don't believe Facebook is secure, or I feel like "Big Brother" is always watching. I could say that I disliked some of my "friends" posts, or that I hated the new format. 
But really? Honestly? I just spent too much time on it. 

I really didn't spend an exuberant amount of time scrolling the Home page, but I found that I was never happy with the time I did spend with it. I became more frustrated than happy. And I hated that my daily news update that I told my husband involved some one's latest post, pic or video. Sad. 

I am not ashamed to admit that I struggle sometimes with time management. But I really want to take control of my life and avoid addictive traps...which is why I am enjoying at least a 2 month-Facebook-Free-Cleanse. So far, I don't even miss it. 

Also. I am SERIOUSLY going to try to nix refined sugar from my diet. Why? I have an incredibly addictive personality, and really, really struggle with a sweet tooth dependency. I want to get my will-power back. AND eating a lot of refined/added sugar just isn't healthy (sweet treats, added sugar in processed foods, syrup, jam, canned fruit...). I need to just go cold-turkey. It is really the only thing that works for me. I love this quote from a woman I really admire:

"Life is full of challenges. Many of them involve balance and temperance. Complete abstention may be easier than moderation. It's easier for me to completely abstain from smoking than to try to balance my day--a little for this, a little for that, a little for him, a little for her." -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I'll try to blog about how I feel/how It goes, but I am excited! Sometimes I just need a little push...

Any advice/tips on balancing your life or working to overcome addictive behaviors or weaknesses? 

While you think, here are some lovely images for your viewing pleasure:

(Most recent photos are first)


I can't believe he is 18 months!

What a goob! Notice his sheared head (sniffle, sniffle). 

Christmas Karaoke!
Playing in a fort we built
I have such a handsome husband!


Okay, the rest of the pictures are from a wonderful family reunion in Driggs, Idaho/Jackson Hole, WY
in November. It was perfect. I LOVE my family! And, I can't say how absolutely glorious it was to see mountains and trees, and SNOW. It was like food for my soul.


My mom won! I am not ashamed to admit it. She is one buff lady!





Yes Max is wearing pink snow pants. It's just red with a little white, guys, geez!


Three cousins all about a month apart-- June, July and August of 2012













WOW, he looks so little in these and it was only two and a half months ago! 



No comments:

Post a Comment