Monday, February 24, 2014

Estoy aprendiendo español!

Hola amigos!

Hope all is well on your end. Hope you had something great for dinner. I didn't. I kind of forgot to make dinner, and my husband was so hungry when he got home that he ate all the left overs....so jr. and I were on our own. I really wanted a baked sweet potato, but those take forever to cook. I decided to try the microwave. I'll wrap this up by saying don't ever turn to a microwave to do an oven's job. It just wasn't the same...well, I also didn't have plastic wrap, so I am sure that made 93% of the difference. I hope your dinner was better. On the plus side I did have 2 bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries tonight. It was delish.

Moving on.

I am not doing so hot with my 'no added-refined sugary treat goal'.
I'd give myself an A for the first three days,
an A- for the rest of the first week...

And a D for this week.

Oh well. I'll keep trying....after I finish this cookie.

But really, I will..I just need to fill my house with healthy snacks so I am not tempted. That will be a great post for another day.

BUT! I have been very successful at one goal for 7 entire days!

I am learning Spanish.

Here is my plan: I only (or mostly only) watch movies and listen to music in español (which I do at least once a day. It also takes away my guilt for watching movies :) )

I also write down vocabulary I don't know as I watch and then look up the words later. And I try to read a page a day in The Book of Mormon in Spanish. 

It's only been a week, and already I:
1) Understand more
2) Don't even mind watching kid movies in spanish
3) Have a strong desire to habla with any spanish-speaker I meet

I say it's been a success! 

I just makes sense! My hub speaks fluently, so why not?! Anyway, this is really like a really long term goal, but I really feel like it is obtainable if I stick with it. 

What goals are you working on? What goals do you struggle to keep? It's still February, so I say you have time to swap your New Year's resolutions if you want:) 

On another note: I did THIS workout today. It is AWESOME. By that I mean killer (not for the faint of heart). Try it, let me know what you think!

And here is the little guy who has just ripped my heart out the past few days. 
Seriously, he is such a cutie! I just wish I could hit 'pause' and keep him little for a while. I'm just trying to enjoy every second. 





No comments:

Post a Comment